You have great ideas
You’re ready to query your dream magazine or website.
Or maybe you’re pitching a potential client articles for their blog, newsletter, or for magazine placement.
You know article writing is the killer skill for 2015, and you want to hop on this trend.
But here’s your secret fear:
You’ll actually get the assignment.
Do you have the writing chops to cut it?
What if you mess it up? What if you don’t do enough research?
What if — worst of all –the editor or client hates your article and makes you redo it, or even kills it?
[ We Hear This all the Time ]
We hear these fears all the time from aspiring writers, and even from experienced writers looking to move up to bigger magazines or business clients.
They ask us, “Could you tell me if my writing is any good?”
Yes, we can.
Sign up for the waiting list and we’ll notify you when the next Article Writing Master Class is offered.
Build Your Skills & Confidence
To build skills and confidence for article writers, we developed the Article Writing Masterclass.
This course gives you the knowledge to “wow” editors with your articles so you keep getting more assignments — and more income.
Article Writing Masterclass gives you our combined 35+ years of experience writing award-winning articles for scores of publications and businesses — in a compact sequence of instruction and homework exercises that impart all our best article-writing insights.
It’s time To Make more money.
Editors expect you to hit the ground running and turn out professional, well-researched, on-time articles.
Businesses increasingly want feature-story type pieces about their company for “article marketing” online or placing in magazines — and pay $1 a word and more.
If you want to jump on those opportunities but worry your writing skills aren’t up to snuff, don’t freak out…
we’re here to help.
Here’s what you’ll learn in Class:
- How to match a publication’s style and figure out their article formats.
- The best ways to organize your writing so you can write quickly and efficiently.
- Best practices for writing every part of an article, from the headline to the kicker.
- Useful strategies for handling quotes, attributions, and transitions.
- Our unique “raisin bread” and “sweater knit” rules for keeping your readers riveted.
- How to write tight and blast flabby writing so your articles shine.
- How to cite research and statistics like a pro (hint: it’s not like in school papers!)
- The ins and outs of working with editors.
- How to handle article revisions. (Yes, you will get these — and that’s okay!)
- Much, much more!
Check out the Week-by-Week Class Schedule.
Praise for our Classes
Check out what our grads say about Article Writing Masterclass:
“I got two clients during this class — so thank you! After the first AWM class module on style, I pitched one career website, just to get a sample — but the editor liked my work so much he’s looking to get me paid. After studying another website’s writing style and headlines as I learned in class, I pitched them and got accepted to write for their blog. I honestly wish I had taken this class earlier!”—Thomas Hill
Read more student testimonials.
The Article Writing Masterclass includes:
- Five info-packed lessons, all in podcast form so you can listen to them at home, in your car, or at the gym.
- Transcripts of every class session.
- 5 workbook modules with helpful notes, examples, resources, and your homework assignments.
- 5 live Q&A calls with pro writers Carol Tice and Linda Formichelli. Each call is at a different time of the day so at least one is sure to be convenient for you!
- A special forum where two pro magazine editors will answer your article writing questions and critique your assignments.
- Twice-weekly motivational e-mails that will keep your enthusiasm burning.
- Lifetime access to ALL course materials upon full payment. Your links will not expire!
You’ll also get these bonuses:
- A “Getting Organized” bonus podcast on organizing your article writing process so you can work efficiently and effectively.
- The Newsgathering 101 module from our popular 4-Week J School class, so you know how to find statistics, locate great experts, and get fascinating quotes.
- A 1-hour Story Idea Lab podcast with Linda and Carol that spills all their idea-finding secrets!
Stick With It Bonus
If you complete and turn in all the assignments on the forum before the end of the class, you’ll get a free 20-minute laser coaching phone session with Carol or Linda to discuss your article or answer your burning questions about article writing.