You have great ideas
You’re ready to query your dream magazine or website.
Or maybe you’re pitching a potential client articles for their blog, newsletter, or for magazine placement.
You know article writing is a killer skill, and you want to hop on this trend.
But here’s your secret fear:
You’ll actually get the assignment.
Do you have the writing chops to cut it?
What if you mess it up? What if you don’t do enough research?
What if — worst of all –the editor or client hates your article and makes you redo it, or even kills it?
[ We Hear This all the Time ]
We hear these fears all the time from aspiring writers, and even from experienced writers looking to move up to bigger magazines or business clients.
They ask us, “Could you tell me if my writing is any good?”
Yes, we can.
Build Your Skills & Confidence
To build skills and confidence for article writers, we developed the Article Writing Masterclass.
This course gives you the knowledge to “wow” editors with your articles so you keep getting more assignments — and more income.
Article Writing Masterclass gives you our combined 35+ years of experience writing award-winning articles for scores of publications and businesses — in a compact sequence of instruction and homework exercises that impart all our best article-writing insights.
It’s time To Make more money.
Editors expect you to hit the ground running and turn out professional, well-researched, on-time articles.
Businesses increasingly want feature-story type pieces about their company for “article marketing” online or placing in magazines — and pay $1 a word and more.
If you want to jump on those opportunities but worry your writing skills aren’t up to snuff, don’t freak out…
we’re here to help.
Here’s what you’ll learn in Class:
- How to match a publication’s style and figure out their article formats.
- The best ways to organize your writing so you can write quickly and efficiently.
- Best practices for writing every part of an article, from the headline to the kicker.
- Useful strategies for handling quotes, attributions, and transitions.
- Our unique “raisin bread” and “sweater knit” rules for keeping your readers riveted.
- How to write tight and blast flabby writing so your articles shine.
- How to cite research and statistics like a pro (hint: it’s not like in school papers!)
- The ins and outs of working with editors.
- How to handle article revisions. (Yes, you will get these — and that’s okay!)
- Much, much more!
Check out the Week-by-Week Class Schedule.
Praise for our Classes
Check out what other writers have said about Carol’s and Linda’s classes. Read our student testimonials.
The Article Writing Masterclass includes:
- Five info-packed lessons, all in podcast form so you can listen to them at home, in your car, or at the gym.
- Transcripts of every class session.
- 5 workbook modules with helpful notes, examples, resources, and your homework assignments.
- 5 live Q&A calls with pro writers Carol Tice and Linda Formichelli. Each call is at a different time of the day so at least one is sure to be convenient for you!
- A special forum where two pro magazine editors will answer your article writing questions and critique your assignments.
- Twice-weekly motivational e-mails that will keep your enthusiasm burning.
- Lifetime access to ALL course materials upon full payment. Your links will not expire!
You’ll also get these bonuses:
- A “Getting Organized” bonus podcast on organizing your article writing process so you can work efficiently and effectively.
- The Newsgathering 101 module from our popular 4-Week J School class, so you know how to find statistics, locate great experts, and get fascinating quotes.
- A 1-hour Story Idea Lab podcast with Linda and Carol that spills all their idea-finding secrets!
EARLY REGISTRATION BONUS!
Sign up for AWM by Dec. 14 and receive an entire self-study, bonus course — The Freelance Writer’s Blast-Off Class! The Blast Off is our popular marketing crash course for freelance writers that covers writer websites, top marketing techniques, and all the freelance-biz basics you need to get lucrative writing assignments.
It went for $300 originally — but we’re adding it to AWM as our thank-you for being a good planner and signing up early. We aren’t currently teaching the Blast Off, so this is the only way to access this course. It’ll give you practical marketing skills for turning your article-writing chops into money…and you can go through the Blast Off materials in December, before class starts.
Stick With It Bonus
If you complete and turn in all the assignments on the forum before the end of the class, you’ll get a free 20-minute laser coaching phone session with Carol or Linda to discuss your article or answer your burning questions about article writing.
Not ready to shell out the entire amount?
We offer a payment plan.
3 payments of $185
About the Instructors
Your instructors have decades of combined experience writing and editing articles for top publications like Entrepreneur, Forbes, Writer’s Digest, Family Circle, WebMD, and USA Weekend. Read more about the instructors.
100 Student Limit!
Due to the extensive feedback on article drafts and support we offer in the Article Writing Masterclass, we can only admit 100 students to this AWM session.
If you need to build your article-writing skills to land better-paying assignments, sign up now, before the seats are full!
We’re so sure this class will help you, we offer this guarantee:
If you use the materials, complete your assignments and feel you didn’t gain vital skills for writing successful articles, we’ll refund your money.